The Division of Renal Pathology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine offers complete second opinion and consultation services by our expert pathologists for the examination of renal biopsies, including:
- Evaluation of all medical renal diseases and renal transplantation pathology.
- Routine light microscopic interpretation with special stains, immunofluorescence, and electron microscopy. The findings from all three techniques are integrated into the final report and correlated with the clinical information.
- Personal telephone consultation within 24 hours of receiving the specimen, as well as preliminary findings reported by fax on urgent cases.
- Final report, including color images, is faxed upon sign-out, followed by a mailed hard copy.
- Specimen collection and transport. We provide fixatives for routine light, electron, and immunofluorescence microscopy (with appropriate direction), packing material, requisition forms, and prepaid Federal Express mailers for next-day delivery.
- Timely processing for these techniques performed by specially trained personnel in the Histology, Immunopathology, and Electron Microscopy Laboratories.
The Division also offers the following consultation services for examination of non-renal biopsies:
- Immunofluorescence microscopy for non-renal immunologic diseases.
- Electron microscopy for the evaluation of non-renal tissue, excluding brain, nerve, and muscle.
For Referring Physicians
If you are interested in learning more, please complete the request below: