The Division of Perinatal and Obstetrical Pathology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine offers comprehensive second opinion and consultation services by our expert pathologists, including:
- Evaluation of placental and fetal specimens (up to 24 weeks of gestation).
- Assessment of previous and current specimens in recurrent or unexplained reproductive failure.
- Evaluation of gross and microscopic examination with maternal history, prenatal ultrasound, cytogenetic studies, microbiologic studies, and radiologic studies.
- Analysis of complex placental lesions resulting in pregnancy loss, fetal growth restriction (IUGR), and adverse perinatal outcome, including recommendations for further testing.
- Evaluation of placental pathology associated with maternal diseases such as preeclampsia, coagulopathies, autoimmune disorders, and diabetes.
- Evaluation of placental pathology associated with fetal or neonatal disorders, such as ascending or congenital infections and congenital anomalies.
- Testing includes immunohistochemistry as appropriate.
- Telephone consultation is available, and diagnostic reports are sent by fax in a timely fashion.
Our services may be requested by patients and obstetrician/gynecologists, in addition to other pathologists.
For Referring Physicians
DOWNLOAD CONSULT REQUEST FORM
If you are interested in learning more, please complete the request below: