The Division of Hematopathology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine offers complete consultation services by our expert pathologists, including:
- Morphologic evaluation of lymphoid tissue and bone marrow biopsies, with a concise morphologic synopsis of relevant findings (such as manual differential count) included in each report.
- Immunohistochemical (IHC) assessment of lymphoid tissue and bone marrow, with more than 300 IHC stains used to determine diagnosis and prognosis.
- Flow cytometric evaluation of bone marrow aspirates, peripheral blood, fluids, and lymphoid tissues, including multi-color analysis for lymphomas, leukemias, and multiple myeloma.
- Manual or computer image analysis for myeloma proliferation index, using two-color IHC to exclude non-myeloma cells from the analysis and to provide a myeloma cell-specific proliferation index; this service is routinely performed on all multiple myeloma specimens.
- Comprehensive fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) services, including chromosomal abnormalities required for World Health Organization subtyping.
- Cytogenetic analysis, widely regarded as the most thorough analysis available.
We also offer complete molecular pathology services for lymphoma, plasma cell neoplasms, myeloid disorders, and virus detection, including:
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement (FR2 and FR3) by PCR.
- Immunoglobulin light chain gene rearrangement (κ and λ) by PCR.
- T cell receptor ϒ chain gene rearrangement (Jϒ and Jp) by PCR.
- Bcl-2 translocation by PCR and probe hybridization.
- BCR-ABL translocation (p210 and p190) by RT-PCR.
- BCR-ABL (p210) quantitation by real-time RT-PCR.
- PML-RARα translocation by RT-PCR.
Lymphoma-Associated Virus Detection
- EBV genome and subtype detection by PCR.
- KSHV (HHV-8) genome detection by PCR and probe hybridization.
- HTLV-I genome detection by PCR and probe hybridization.
Our services include personalized attention and timely reporting. Specimen transport is included (via Federal Express or messenger service) in the fee. For consultation cases, we promptly return all tissue blocks and original slides to the referring physician or patient.
For Referring Physicians
DOWNLOAD CONSULTATION FORM
If you are interested in learning more, please complete the request below: