The Division of Gynecologic Pathology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine offers comprehensive second opinion and consultation services, including:
- Laboratory requisition forms, pick-up and delivery services, and high-quality tissue processing in a New York State and College of American Pathologist (CAP)-certified histology laboratory.
- Complete evaluation of each biopsy specimen by board-certified pathologists with subspecialty expertise in gynecologic pathology.
- Standard evaluation using light microscopy and any necessary ancillary tests, including immunohistochemistry and molecular profiling.
- Ancillary testing can be performed if representative paraffin blocks and unstained slides are submitted.
- Prompt diagnosis is made for H&E slides sent for expert review.
- Most final diagnostic reports are available within one to two days and returned via fax (with the exception of those requiring ancillary studies).
- Personal telephone consultation is also available.
For Referring Physicians
DOWNLOAD CONSULT REQUEST FORM
If you are interested in learning more, please complete the request below: