- Blood Bank/Transfusion Medicine
- Breast Pathology Fellowship
- Cytopathology Fellowship
- Dermatopathology Fellowship
- Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology Fellowship
- Genitourinary Pathology Fellowship
- Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology Fellowship
- Hematopathology Fellowship
- Molecular Genetic Fellowship
- Renal Pathology Fellowship
Fellowship training in Subspecialties of Anatomic Pathology is available to trainees who are eligible for American Board of Pathology (ABP) certification, as well as training in Non-Accredited subspecialties, which does not lead to certification by the American Board of Pathology (ABP). All applicants for fellowships must be board eligible in either AP (3 years), or combined AP/CP (4 years). All fellows require full medical licensure in New York State.
All fellowships at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medicine undergo rigorous curriculum review and oversight by the institutional Graduate Medical Education Committee.
All fellows benefit from exposure to our world-renowned faculty and pathology material, and are involved in review of consultation material, clinicopathologic correlation and conferences, as well as participation in resident teaching and a clinical and/or basic science research project. As training progresses, the fellows obtain greater responsibility and independence.
Accredited Fellowship training leads to Subspecialty certification in an area recognized by the American Board of Pathology. These fellowships meet the standards set by the ACGME and the New York Presbyterian Hospital-Graduate Medical Education Committee. The fellowships offered are:
- Dermatopathology (a MSKCC administered program with a 6-month rotation at NYPH-Cornell)
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
NON-ACGME Accredited Fellowships
NON-ACGME Accredited Fellowship training leads to competency in subspecialties of interest. The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine maintains a rigorous curriculum review and oversight of these programs.
- Breast Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Renal Pathology
Fellowship training in the Subspecialty of Clinical Pathology is offered in:
- Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine (a NY Blood Center administered program with a 6-month rotation at NYPH-Cornell)
Donna M. Galvin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine
525 E. 68th Street, Room C302
New York, NY 10065