- Breast Pathology Consultation Services
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Consultation Services
- Genitourinary Pathology Consultation Services
- Gynecologic Pathology Consultation Services
- Hematopathology Consultation Services
- Perinatal and Obstetrical Pathology Consultation Services
- Pulmonary and Thoracic Pathology Consultation Services
- Renal Pathology Consultation Services
The Inside Story: Prostate Cancer: Breakthroughs in Diagnosis and Treatments
Genitourinary pathologists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center offer the following services to assess tissues of the prostate, bladder, kidney, and testis:
- Evaluation of biopsy tissues, with particular expertise in prostate biopsy assessment.
- Cutting-edge immunohistochemistry studies.
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) testing for translocations in renal cell carcinomas (TFE3 and TFEB tests).
- FISH assays for potential biomarkers of aggressive disease in prostate cancer, such as PTEN, AURKA (aurora kinase, particularly in neuroendocrine prostate cancer), and MYC.
- FISH probes for the prostate-specific test for ERG (a test developed based on research performed at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell).
- Genomic and epigenomic studies.
For further information, please contact:
Surgical Pathology Laboratory
NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
520 East 70th Street, Starr 1015
New York, NY 10065
Telephone (212) 746-2700 or
NYHL Outreach Program
The Importance of a Second Opinion
For Referring Physicians
If you are interested in learning more, please complete the request below: